Last updated: February 20th, 2017
1. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- Personal information including, for example, your name; home or business address; e-mail address; telephone, wireless; short message service or text message address or other wireless device address; instant messaging address; credit or debit card or other payment information; demographic information or other information that may identify you as an individual or allow online or offline contact with you as an individual.
- Information that you provide by filling in forms through the Services. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Services, subscribing to the Services, and posting material to the Services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by us and when you report a problem to us with the Services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Services and of the fulfillment of your orders the Services.
- Details of your visits to the Website and use of other Services including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Facebook profile information if you choose to log in to the Services through Facebook.
- Twitter profile information if you choose to log in to the Services through Twitter.
2. CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY
Any information you provide will be held securely and in accordance with applicable privacy laws. Except as described under Disclosure of Your Information below, we do not provide your personal information to any third party without your specific consent.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM VISITORS
If you sign up to receive email newsletters from us we will use the information you give us to provide the Services you have requested.
If you inform us that you wish to cancel email newsletters we will remove you from our mailing list and your details will be deleted from our records.
When we provide the Services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer or mobile device. These include small files known as cookies.
These pieces of information are used to improve the Services for you through, for example:
- Enabling a Service to recognize your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task;
- Recognizing that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every Service requested;
- Measuring how many people are using our Services, so they can be made easier to use in a timely manner.
Although your browser may be set up to allow the creation of cookies by default, you can specify that you be prompted before a site puts a cookie on your hard disk, so that you can decide whether to allow or disallow the cookie. Alternatively, you can set your computer not to accept any cookie. If you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Our Services use Google Analytics code to gather statistical information. Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of visitors to the Website and the volumes of usage of the Services. This to ensure that the Services are available when you want them and are fast. For more information on how Google Analytics processes this information, visit www.google.com/analytics.
During your use of the Services, you may notice some cookies that are not related to us or the Services. This happens when you visit a page with content embedded from a third party (e.g., YouTube videos) or use some of the links to social networking sites (e.g., Share This). These websites may place cookies on your computer.
The Services do not control how a third party uses their cookies. You should check these third party websites’ privacy policies for more information about their cookies if you are concerned about this.
Log files allow us to record your use of the Services. Our administrative team puts together log file information from all our users, which we use to make improvements to the layout of the Services and to the information on the Services, based on how users use the Services. Log files do not contain any personal information about you.
If you receive the HTML-formatted version of an email newsletter, your opening of the newsletter email is notified to us and saved. Your clicks on links in the newsletter are also saved. These and the open statistics are used in aggregate form to give us an indication of the popularity of the content and to help us make decisions about future content and formatting.
4. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
All information you provide to us through the Services is stored on our secure servers located in the United States. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We take reasonable administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect the information that we collect from or about you from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Please be aware, however, that no method of transmitting information over the Internet or storing information is completely secure. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of any information.
If you choose to invite a “Friend” to use the Services using our Invite system, we will ask you for their name and email address. We will use this information to invite him or her to join the Services. We store this information for the sole purpose of sending invitations and tracking the success of our Invite program. If your Friend would like us to delete his or her information, they can do so by opting out as described in each invitation.
5. CORPORATE AND OTHER COMMUNITY SHARING
While Mindifi is a consumer products company, there is increasing interest by large consumer communities (corporations, universities, hospitals, etc.) (“Communities”) to introduce the Services to their employees and members. If you have registered to use the Services through a code or other registration credential furnished by a Community (a “Community Subscription”), the Community will have access to your name and the date you registered to use the Service and will have access to your usage information on an aggregated basis with all other members of the Community that are using the Services. While we do not otherwise share your personal information with your Community, when you register to use the Service you will have the opportunity to opt in to agree to share additional personal information as well as usage information with your Community, and in this case, your Community will have access to this information. For example, many employers are offering incentive programs based on employee participation in health & wellness programs and desire to better understand how each of their employees is using the Services.
6. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may access your personal information at any time by emailing email@example.com and providing the correct user name, email, and password information. Mindifi provides the following information for its subscribers upon verification:
- User name
- If your subscription is a Community Subscription, we may also provide: Community’s address, your location, department and other unique identifiers defined by the Community.
To request the deletion of your personal data that we have on file please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
7. USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content provided by the Services is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, unless you have requested that we not provide this information as described under Your Rights below.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to the Services.
- To inform your Community about your registration and use of the Services as described under Corporate and Other Community Sharing above.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or text message) with information about products and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in US Zip Code 10025). We may make use of the personal information we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
8. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- In some circumstances, based on your specific requests, we may need to disclose your personal information to a third party so that they can provide a service you have requested from such party, or fulfill a request for information from such party. It is the responsibility of any third party that you authorize to receive data to protect that information in accordance with applicable laws, and use it only to provide the services or information you have requested.
- If Mindifi’s service providers (like hosting or payment service providers) require this information to provide services to Mindifi.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Mindifi or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal information held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our agreements with you; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Mindifi, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- With your Community, if your subscription is a Community Subscription, as described under Corporate and Other Community Sharing above.
9. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
10. YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by following the opt-out instruction in the marketing material by email you receive or by contacting us at any time by email at email@example.com.
The Services may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or their policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
We offer you choices regarding the collection, use and sharing of your information and we’ll respect the choices you make. Please note that if you decide not to provide us with the information that we request, you may not be able to access all of the features of the Services.